What is Virginia Doing about Healthcare Coalitions?
- Strategic planning
- Operational planning Information sharing
- Resource coordination and management
- Facilitate uniform situational awareness during response
- Provide central coordination of regional response activities and sharing of healthcare resources
- Disseminate information with the region at the request of VDH and VHHA
- Coordinates status/patient distribution within the region
- Request assistance from other regions, or the state and federal governments
Related Articles: CMS Rules for Healthcare Providers
by Rick Christ Current CMS Emergency Preparedness Conditions of Participation require an annual review of your emergency preparedness plan. Under the proposed rule, the plan “must be evaluated and updated at least every 2 years.” Not in the rule, but in the...
by Rick Christ Currently, almost every provider type is required to participate in two exercises per year. One “should be” a “community full-scale exercise” while the other can be a tabletop. The original version of the current exercise standards was clearly...
by Rick Christ Currently, the typical CMS regulation says this about the training requirement: The training and testing program must be reviewed and updated at least annually. (1) Training program. The hospital must do all of the following:(i) Initial training in...
by Rick Christ Barely ten months into the enforcement period of the Emergency Preparedness Conditions of Participation, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is proposing some rule changes that would “reform Medicare regulations that are identified...
by Rick Christ When wildfire swept through the Santa Rosa, California area in October of 2017, at least two long-term care facilities were grossly unprepared, and their staff made feeble attempts to evacuate almost 300 residents. If residents’ families and others...
CMS Compliance Products & Services
Remember, we will NEVER share your email address or SPAM you.
You may unsubscribe at any time.