Is Twitter A Part of Your Emergency Plan? It Should Be.
- The National Weather Service (NWS) provides up-to-date weather information, offering regular updates and encouraging safety in extreme weather.
- CDC Office of Public Health Preparedness and Response is responsible for managing public health crises, including epidemic outbreaks and other public health threats.
- National Emergency Management Association (NEMA)is a government agency responsible for overseeing disaster management throughout the United States.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services oversees all aspects of health and wellness through the United States.
- CDC Emergency Preparedness and Response is a branch of the CDC offering information and assistance in situations that require disaster management resources, especially in terms of public health.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)is the primary government entity that coordinates disaster relief efforts in the United States.
- Ready.gov is a FEMA-sponsored website that keeps residents informed and offers helpful disaster preparedness information.
- American Red Cross is one of the largest aid organizations, providing disaster relief, blood donations, and lifesaving CPR certification.
- Department of Homeland Security oversees all disaster management and other security issues throughout the country.
- Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response provides the public with information on public health, disaster preparedness, and recovery.
Related Articles: CMS Rules for Healthcare Providers
by Rick Christ Current CMS Emergency Preparedness Conditions of Participation require an annual review of your emergency preparedness plan. Under the proposed rule, the plan “must be evaluated and updated at least every 2 years.” Not in the rule, but in the...
by Rick Christ Currently, almost every provider type is required to participate in two exercises per year. One “should be” a “community full-scale exercise” while the other can be a tabletop. The original version of the current exercise standards was clearly...
by Rick Christ Currently, the typical CMS regulation says this about the training requirement: The training and testing program must be reviewed and updated at least annually. (1) Training program. The hospital must do all of the following:(i) Initial training in...
by Rick Christ Barely ten months into the enforcement period of the Emergency Preparedness Conditions of Participation, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is proposing some rule changes that would “reform Medicare regulations that are identified...
by Rick Christ When wildfire swept through the Santa Rosa, California area in October of 2017, at least two long-term care facilities were grossly unprepared, and their staff made feeble attempts to evacuate almost 300 residents. If residents’ families and others...
CMS Compliance Products & Services
Remember, we will NEVER share your email address or SPAM you.
You may unsubscribe at any time.